< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Cheap tix to DC/Baltimore (fwd)

by Mick Drake

17 May 2000 10:04 UTC

Look, my point can be taken at the simplest, most
elementary level as this:
If I were to post notices of cheap flights everywhere,
everywhen, the list would become clogged and members would
become pretty pissed-off. Why is info about cheap flights
inside the US so privileged?
At another level, it may be worth thinking about whether
thinking about world-systems always has to orient upon the
hegemon. Even the recent contributions on Chinese
dissidents are oriented on their attitude to US
institutions.
Ask yourselves, what are the implications of this praxis,
ie. of orientating critical thought on global relations to
the US hegemon?
Mick