< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Talk at SUNY Albany (fwd)

by Dr. R.J. Barendse

01 April 2000 09:51 UTC

>In order to avoid a campaign sending notices to md7148@cnsvax.albany.edu
>about all the talks taking place everywhere in the universities and
colleges
>of the people who read this list, I recommend stopping the forwarding of
>messages about talks in Albany, NY, to people who are everywhere *else* in
>the world. No offense to Albany or NY intended.

I totally second this point !

     So, let me give the following information I deem highly important for
the academic interests of people reading this list in turn, so I just need
to send this to the listserve:   :

    The following very interesting talks are to be held at room B 017 of the
Amsterdamse school voor Sociaal Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (Oude Hoogstraat
24) Amsterdam, The Netherlands, from 3.30 to 5 p.m

3 April: J. Heilbron, New Economic Sociology

4 April: E. Tsingou, Non-State Actors in Financial Markets

10 April: H. Streefkerk, Men, Women and Factories

11 April: D. Drache, The Notion of the Public Domain in a Global Market
Economy

17 April, D.S. Gosh, Popular cinemas engagement with the Hindu Right

    And so on and so forth - extremely useful information if you're in *New
York* and in **Albany** in particular is n't it ?

    Oh - how we, futhermore, would all love to receive information on what
academic talks, exhibitions, concerts, conferences etc. are being held in
Tokyo, Perth, Kumasi, Delhi, Teheran, Sao Paulo or Mexico !

     Note that this kind of `spam' intended as information already cause me
to immediately delete some 99% of messages I receive from other
(`professional') lists and makes them virtually unreadable - so, please, all
list-members: DO NOT circulate such `spam' on a general mailing-list but
ONLY circulate it to people who are likely to attend your lecture,
demonstration, concert etc. - don't we have flyers for that ?

    Please go to me in private if you have further objections !

Dr. R.J. Barendse
Leiden University
The Netherlands