< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Race: real or imagined? (fwd)

by Boris Stremlin

17 March 2000 05:28 UTC

Perhaps I was too circumspect in my post, but my comments were not
addressed to you, and I happen to agree with the points made below.  I
have not suggested that sociobiology as presently constituted is not
inherently ideological, quite the contrary.  I can only add that in the
present context, the presence of "progressive" sociobiologists would not
change my assessment, because I don't see how an argument that social
equality is genetically dictated, for instance, would make sociobiology
any less determinist or ideological.

--
Boris Stremlin
bc70219@binghamton.edu