< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Capital is wrong (fwd)

by Carl Dassbach

10 March 2000 03:21 UTC

I've noticed that the same topics keep appearing on discussion lists every
few months but with different sets of discussants. "Capital/Marx" is wrong
is a good example.

As I have already written, quoting the Lukacs' essay "What is Orthodox
Marxism" - it is immaterial and unimportant is Capital is "right or wrong" -
this is a scholastic debate on the order of debating how many angels can fit
on the head of a pin.

What is important is that the "method discovered by Marx" historical and
dialectical materialism be used to refine, broaden and deepen our
understanding of the world,  that this knoweldge becomes the basis for
activity or practice and that our  knoweldge is modified based upon the
outcomes or consequences of our activity/practice(the latter two points are,
of course,  the Marxian theory of praxis (as ennuciated in the Theses on
Feurbach.)