< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Austria

by Roslyn Bologh

03 March 2000 17:03 UTC

Today's NY Times (Friday) has an article claiming that much of H's party
program is about neoliberalism!
And much of the party's support is from "entrepreneurs," the business class
who are unhappy they have been left out of the loop in this time of ggg
(greedy, global gobbling) and wealth accumulation.  They fear not being
competitive (which is probably a legitimate fear for them) and it is likely
that their economy has been relatively stagnant, a real problem.

Roz

At 12:23 AM 2/24/00 -0300, Juan M Ghersinich wrote:
>What's going on in Austria today ? The media and many others seem to be
concerned, and it's understandable. The liberals seem to be worried as
well, but what about the reality that global liberalism has created. The
developed countries seem to be far away from 1945, but the world they have
created is worse, at least in a way. You do not have to be "inferior" to
die, the only thing you need is to be out of the system, excluded. You can
either be poor (in a western point of view) or out, or both. Who is
responsible for that ? Nobody cares. If you live in Africa or Latin America
and you get ill, and if you do not have enough money, you'll die. I can
assure that.