< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

SSSP session on Democratic Party (fwd)

by md7148

14 February 2000 05:13 UTC

dear alan, i can not read your posts.... do you send them as html format?
it sometimes happens to me too....

Mine

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:48:41 -0600
From: Spectors <spectors@netnitco.net>
To: WORLD SYSTEMS NETWORK <wsn@csf.colorado.edu>
Cc: WORLD SYSTEMS NETWORK <wsn@csf.colorado.edu>
Subject: SSSP session on Democratic Party

Please feel free to post this to other sociology lists:

I'm organizing a session at the SSSP (Society for the Study of Social
Problems) conference in Washington, D.C. The SSSP has a day of sessions
before ASA starts and then overlaps for two days, usually within walking
distance of the ASA hotels.

The title of the session is:"Democratic Party: Party of the Poor or Party
of Poverty?"  The theme is to explore the ways that the Democratic Party
has maintained anti-working class policies. (I figure that it's not that
enlightening to explore the ways that the Republican party has maintained
anti-working class policies....)

But, we could use a couple of more papers. So if anyone reading this would
like to submit something for that session, please send me an e-mail
spectors@netnitco.net and send a copy to spector@calumet.purdue.edu
It is not necessary to send a polished, finished paper.  We are not
necessarily looking for a paper with tons of empirical research. On the
other hand, the presenter should avoid the other extreme of just giving
some off-the-cuff "opinions" about the state of Democratic Party politics.

If you are interested in possibly participating, please contact me right
away and give me a general idea of your interests.

Thanks,

Alan Spector