< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

SSSP session on Democratic Party

by Spectors

14 February 2000 04:47 UTC

Please feel free to post this to other sociology lists:

I'm organizing a session at the SSSP (Society for the Study of Social Problems) conference in Washington, D.C. The SSSP has a day of sessions before ASA starts and then overlaps for two days, usually within walking distance of the ASA hotels.

The title of the session is:"Democratic Party: Party of the Poor or Party of Poverty?"  The theme is to explore the ways that the Democratic Party has maintained anti-working class policies. (I figure that it's not that enlightening to explore the ways that the Republican party has maintained anti-working class policies....)

But, we could use a couple of more papers. So if anyone reading this would like to submit something for that session, please send me an e-mail spectors@netnitco.net and send a copy to spector@calumet.purdue.edu
It is not necessary to send a polished, finished paper.  We are not necessarily looking for a paper with tons of empirical research. On the other hand, the presenter should avoid the other extreme of just giving some off-the-cuff "opinions" about the state of Democratic Party politics.

If you are interested in possibly participating, please contact me right away and give me a general idea of your interests.

Thanks,

Alan Spector