< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Historic spirals

by Paul Riesz

20 January 2000 15:23 UTC

To Chas:

Your posting reminds me of the saying, that those who ignore past history
are bound to repeat it.
I have unsuccessfully tried to invite discussions in various groups on the
need of reforming the present liberal democratic model, but only dogmatic
Marxists bothered to answer, arguing that nothing short of a complete
overturn of our present society can achieve any lasting progress.

It is an undeniable fact that wealth is by now the determining factor in
decision making and that their decisions are not taking due account of the
needs of great sectors of industrialized countries and of the majorities in
developing countries.

Abuse of similar privileges led to the French and Russian revolutions and
more catastrophic repetitions of such violent events might again happen, if
nothing is done to forestall them.

Since you seem to agree that there are many concrete steps that could be
taken to gradually improve this situation, I hope that you will soon start
a meaningful discussion on the subject.

Greetings               Paul Riesz