< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: Political kidnapping of 6-year-old Cuban Elian Gonzalez

by Andrew Wayne Austin

17 January 2000 05:26 UTC

By what form of reason is Cameron saying that Castro is not the issue in
the debate over Elian's situation at odds with Cameron saying he not
making excuses for Castro? Anthony Chase ought to rethink the logic of his
"double-talk" accusation (hint: the logic fails).

Given the stretch Chase makes of Cameron's words to turn his statements
regarding Elian into support for Castro we ought to call the content of
Chase's post "stretchy-talk."

It is more accurate to say that Castro *should* not be the issue, but
unfortunately he is, albeit in an indirect way, since what is keeping
Elian from his father is the anti-Castro South Floridians and their
government mouthpieces. Of course, Castro can do nothing about this.

This is something of an ironic situation, I think: one way or another
anti-Castro zealots intend to make Elian suffer for Castro's existence.

Andy