< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Political kidnapping of 6-year-old Cuban Elian Gonzalez

by David Smith

15 January 2000 02:38 UTC

Seems to me that the real issue here is whether a 6 year old belongs
with his surviving parent or not.  National polls of the US citizens show
that the majority think that he does and support the INS decision to
return the kid to his dad in Cuba.  Seems to me that reasonable
people can endorse that without any "adulation of Castro" (I doubt that
the many of the 56 percent of Americans who agree feel this "adulation"!)

dave smith
sociology
uc-irvine