< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Political kidnapping of 6-year-old Cuban Elian Gonzalez

by Jeffrey L. Beatty

14 January 2000 23:41 UTC

If indeed the boy is sent back to Cuba (as now seems quite possible), I
think we should attach to him a note reading:  "Personal to Fidel:  Here's
Elian Gonzalez, courtesy of the American government of laws.  You should
try it some time."

Sorry--as a post-1960s person, I have a hard time comprehending the
adulation of Castro in some circles.

--
Jeffrey L. Beatty
Doctoral Student

(o) 614/292-2880
(h) 614/688-0567

Email:  Beatty.4@osu.edu
___
This is my quest/to follow that star/no matter how hopeless /no matter how
far,
to fight for the right/without question or pause,/to be willing to
march into hell for a heavenly cause--"The Impossible Dream," Man of La
Mancha