information on U.S. intervention
by Richard N Hutchinson
17 September 2001 22:33 UTC

Jonathan-

I suggest looking for a book by Noam Chomsky & Edward Hermann called "The
Washington Connection and Third World Fascism," (South End Press, 1979),
and "Killing Hope:  U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since WWII" by
William Blum (Common Courage Press, revised and expanded edition 1995).

I haven't read it, but "Blowback" by Chalmers Johnson might be good as
well.  Johnson is an Asian scholar and a nationalist, opposed to
internationalist adventures, and an alternative to Chomsky and Blum.

RH