Re: democracy or imperial extortion?
by Charles J. Reid
11 May 2001 00:02 UTC

"Imperial" is the wrong word to use in the 21st Century. It assumes
governments of nations decide their policies and their fates. But this is
not the case today.

We live in an Age of Corporate Feudalism, where there is not "Bill of
Rights" and "Rule of Law" for employees, and where those controlling the
top 1000 corporations essentially control government policies, and the
fate of more than 95% of humanity, who have no role in the global or even
local processes that command the attention of the greater holders of
wealth.

//CJR