< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

"sociobiology" citation

by Richard N Hutchinson

13 December 1999 20:50 UTC

Here's the citation for the book I mentioned:

Kawachi, Ichiro,  Bruce P. Kennedy and Richard G. Wilkinson, eds.
        1999.   The Society and Population Health Reader, Volume I:
        Income Inequality and Health.  NY:  New Press.

The book, 500 pages long, collects 40 public health journal articles.
The central theory is called the "relative income hypothesis," which
maintains that income inequality is negatively associated with health, as
measured by life expectancy among other things.

One set of articles is grouped under the heading "Socio-Biological
Translation," and deals with the effect of status consciousness on stress,
and thus on health.

RH