< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Times review of Rushton book (fwd)

by md7148

07 December 1999 21:45 UTC

I agree with Alan hundred percent. whoever raises objections to such
racist books tend to focus on the "contoraversial" nature of author's
argument rather than "explictly" denouncing the racist underpinings of
"genetic science". eventhough people find it controversial, biology
teachers still teach this horrifying crap. such statements are part
of the cirriculum in high schools and universities.furthermore, there is
an implicit consensus among all evolutionary scientists that genes
determine human behavior. you don't need to openly talk about
"race" or "racism" to be racist. those nonsense scientists publish
researches in MAJOR scientific journals and magazines about IQ, genetic
programming and stuff like that, yet they are still considered to be
"scientific" by LARGE community of scholars including not only
"conservatives" but also "politically progressive" people. genetic
scientists are funded by research institutions and government agencies in
the name of "scientific exploration". many people (even some of my leftist
friends here)find DAwkins' _Selfish Gene_ crap "politically neutral" and
"scientifically sound", however obviously racism constitutes a backdrop to
his arguments. Racism is more serious than ever before. it has become
"normalized", a problem of 60s, so to say; whoever thinks is not the case
is naive in my view.

Mine