< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: forward from dag macleod on WTO issues

by Doug Henwood

06 December 1999 03:34 UTC

christopher chase-dunn wrote:

>Frankly I thought Friedman's article was incoherent. He suggests that
>WTO
>protesters are deluded for thinking that this type of direct action can
>make a difference in the twentyfirst century. Instead, he argues for
>some
>form of unspecified cyber or networked organizing as if the direct
>action
>in Seattle and other forms of organization are somehow incompatible.

The demonstrations were organized in no small part through the
Internet and, on the ground, with cell phones. Just the very thing
that should make Friedman happy!

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer
250 W 85 St
New York NY 10024-3217 USA
+1-212-874-4020 voice  +1-212-874-3137 fax
email: <mailto:dhenwood@panix.com>