< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Theses on the world conjuncture

by Dennis R Redmond

23 November 1999 01:36 UTC

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, M A Jones wrote:

> imploding capitalism. US imperialism is the heart of the vortex, and this
> is the pole which draws profit and superprofit to itself, bleaching white
> the world system. Germany, the second-strongest imperialism, was
> unable to resist the centripetal process and today, despite its huge
> subsidising of east German reconstruction, the wasteland of
> unemployment and despair which capitalism creates in all its neocolonies
>is
> as much in evidence in east Germany as anywhere else.

(Ahem). Mark, old friend, I hate to break the news to you, but the USA
owes Japan and the EU roughly 2 trillion euros on its net international
investment account (these are Federal Reserve statistics). In fact, the US
has to import 250 billion euros per annum from overseas just to keep its
Bubble bubbling.

-- Dennis