< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

No Subject

by Troy Davis

22 November 1999 23:54 UTC

dear everyone,

a big argument seems to have erupted between some people on a
misunderstanding.   I only just came back to the discussion.
 It was not in fact Elson who put up the Common Statement on
Global Democratic and Sovereign Institutions.  It was yours
truly and refers to an existing coalition launched in May at
The Hague.  Latest news as I believe I have already reported
is that as a result of the recent All-Africa Peace Conference
(4-7 November 1999, Nairobi), a group of African NGOs and
individuals decided to create a African Campaign for World
Democracy.  In fact, as I mentioned in my speech at the
conference, we hope that the African continent will take the
lead in such campaigns around the world, because they have
the most to gain from a more democratic world order.   What
better example of an impulse coming from the periphery ?
Even if the original idea goes back to Socrates and Kant
(therefore much predating Marx).

all the best

=====
Troy Davis, President
World Citizen Foundation/Fondation des Citoyens du Monde
Secretary, Global Coalition "World Democracy 2010"
Secrétaire, Coalition "Démocratie Mondiale 2010"