< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

violence, revolution & clairvoyance

by Richard N Hutchinson

22 November 1999 19:36 UTC

Mine-

You have to have a thick skin, a little detachment, with these exchanges.
Remember that Marx said "paper will put up with whatever is written on
it," and realize that that is even more true in cyberspace.

I have but one brief response to Elson's last post --  where does he
possibly get the idea that "noone will rally around the idea of violent
revolution anymore"?

Does he read the newspaper?  Did he hear about the Congo?  About Colombia?
Peru?  Nepal?  Afghanistan?  Sri Lanka?  Of course just recently, in the
overall scheme of things, was the Nicararaguan revolution and the Iranian
revolution, the FMLN of El Salvador, then of course there's the PLO, IRA
and ETA, etc, etc, etc.

I think he is pulling our leg when he said he hasn't joined the Starlife
Central Command.

RH