< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: A WP stuck in the past?

by Troy Davis

13 November 1999 13:14 UTC

 Such an entity must be flexible, capable of compromise, and
open to
> a diversity of views. At the same time, one has to know
that party members
> have something of a shared vision of the future. What is
this shared
> vision? As long as we are talking about a world party,
let's talk about the
> sort of society we wish to live in, since the party must be
a vehicle to
> achieve an end. If it is a WORLD PARTY then it must be
designing a
> desirable WORLD SOCIETY. We cannot simply say we desire to
stand against
> the transnational  corporation-the party has to stand for
something positive.

My point of view is that we should agree on some minimum core
principles, such as those in the common statement just sent.
 Without pointing fingers directly but the consequences of
these core principles (or better yet, "design" principles  if
we are to build a new "Global House") that ineluctably there
will be more equity, justice etc.  I think all here can agree
that a real World Democracy, which needs then to be defined
in its machinery, is what we need.

=====
Troy Davis, President
World Citizen Foundation/Fondation des Citoyens du Monde
Secretary, Global Coalition "World Democracy 2010"
Secrétaire, Coalition "Démocratie Mondiale 2010"