< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Hanson

by Boris Stremlin

26 August 1999 20:49 UTC

I couldn't have said it better myself.  Off-list commentary used with
permission of the author.

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Spectors wrote:

> I'm about finished responding to Hanson. His comment:
>
> "It is not necessary to understand all the complexities of the social
> world."
>
> marks him as someone who actually is not concerned with investigating the
> world, but rather advancing his own science-fiction agenda.  His last
> response to you, complete with a 25 year old news article about oil
> shortages is very silly. One could argue that the shortage of fresh air in
> parts of Mexico City prove that the Earth is about to run out of oxygen.
> Furthermore, there were very specific political-economic factors that caused
> that uneveness of oil distribution, and  fact that the oil shortage of 25
> years ended is what completely discredits his argument. Usually doomsday
> folks don't come back 25 years after they were proven wrong and say: "That
> proves I'm right!"

By the way, Jay has yet to enlighten us as to how the obsolete "social
mentality" has led us to the energy crisis, when in fact prior to the rise
of "physical world mentality" such crises did not occur.

--
Boris Stremlin
bc70219@binghamton.edu