< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Kosovo and Hegemony

by jenny coates

03 June 1999 10:39 UTC

Mr Grimes -

Setting aside the fact that your analysis is deeply flawed, relying as it
does on emotion rather than fact, it is also weakened by the use of "flaunt"
where you mean "flout".  The two are opposites.   To flaunt means to display
or show off proudly while flout means ignore.  Saddam Hussein could not have
"openly flaunt[ed] U.S. HEGEMONY.   He could only have flouted it.

Regards.