< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

On reading

by David Smith

20 May 1999 18:47 UTC

Just to clarify my aside to Mr. Gunning:  My intent was not to
"flame" anyone or suggest that anyone should be censored, asked not to
make postings, etc.

Nevertheless, I really DO think that you and others would be better
informed if you expanded your reading beyond the internet (and even beyond
von Mises and Hayek) to some world-system stuff.  It's pretty
fundamentally different from the old "'system analysis' in social science"
which you refer to.  Some of the literature is very readable and
accessible; not surprisingly most of it is very relevant to the
cyber-discussions on WSN.

Debates are good ways to clarify ideas and arguments.  Informed debate is
even better!

dave smith
sociology, uc-irvine