< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: bombing of U.S. embassy

by Richard N Hutchinson

13 May 1999 00:54 UTC

I am willing to compete with anyone in a contest for who is the most
suspicious of the U.S., but I have yet to hear a plausible account of why
the U.S./NATO would have deliberately bombed the Chinese embassy.

I don't consider large-scale conspiracies (ie, the Pentagon wants to
create a new demon) plausible -- if the U.S. really wanted to start
something with China, they could pick something more obvious, like Taiwan,
and less likely to be seen as an accident.

But maybe there is a more specific reason.

Anyone want to take a crack at it?  With evidence?

R. Hutchinson, Tucson