< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: the causes of future wars among core states

by Jeffrey L. Beatty

12 May 1999 05:54 UTC

At 09:26 AM 5/10/99 -0400, you wrote:

>check out the attached diagram. it is from C. Chase-Dunn and B.
>Podobnik's chapter in V. Bornschier and C. Chase-Dunn (eds.) The Future
>of Global Conflict (forthcoming London:Sage).

Professor Chase-Dunn:

A point of clarification:  do I correctly understand your diagram to
suggest that the presence of a Kondratieff wave upswing, hegemonic decline,
population pressure and resource scarcity, and inequality _reduces_ the
probability of war within the core?  Is that a minus sign above the arrow
between the upper two clusters of variables?  Or did I misunderstand the
diagram?

--
Jeffrey L. Beatty
Doctoral Student

(o) 614/292-2880
(h) 614/688-0567

Email:  Beatty.4@osu.edu
"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis."
                         Ralph Waldo Emerson