< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: National Sovereignty

by Charles J. Reid

29 April 1999 22:46 UTC

Very insightful comments, Carlos! Thank you. I think the snip from your
post I've included may say better what I've been trying to articulate. In
essence, until we get a better defined rule regime, it is not rational to
abandon on an ad hoc basis the current regime based on national
sovereignty, non-intervention, and international covenants that justify
exceptions.

//CJR

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Carlos Alzugaray Treto wrote:

> Charles Reid and Pat Gunning are engaged in a debate about national
> sovereignty and human rights which, I think, misplaces the real issue.

[Snip ...]