< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: AGF: What about the ethnic Albanians?

by kjkhoo

16 April 1999 04:39 UTC

AGF can well defend himself. Just wanted to note the selective blindness
that can only see the direct casualties of bombing (does that include, as
now seems evident, those Albanians on the road?), but not the silent death
that will follow, as also the 'collateral' from the bombing, including the
speed-up of 'ethnic cleansing' in Kosovo. Does anyone still remember Iraq?

But come to think of it, why not bomb Tel Aviv to make it adhere to the
admittedly defective Oslo Accords? What were the numbers -- a million
Palestinians turned into refugees and, numbers increased, still refugees?
Do I hear a round of applause in support of such a suggestion, a sore that
has been around for 50 years, distinguished by a series of massacres, a
threat to West Asian and world stability, etc.? But then, everyone knows
that the PLO, unlike the KLA, is a terrorist organisation with no claim to
real legitimacy. Ah, 'humanitarianism', 'freedom fighters' -- what
selective tools based on amnesia.

Frankly, if we are so concerned, then the support should have been for the
introduction of ground troops in Kosovo to keep the Serbian militia at
bay. Not this anaesthetised, computer games, version which is geared to
public opinion in the Nato countries. And the 'best' -- in the absence of
anything better -- agency for this would have been the UN. Oh yes, the
security council -- a reform of the UN has long been overdue.

KJ