< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Chossudovsky

by Randall Stokes

13 April 1999 13:48 UTC

Does it strike anyone else that the letters forwarded from Michel
Chossudovsky have the ring of Serbian propaganda?  He is absolutely correct
that the bombing and destruction of the military and industrial
infrastructure in Serbia is a tragedy for the Serbian people, but where is
his compassion for the ethnic Albanians in Kosovo?  Apart from a rather
obnoxious aside that they are leaving Kosovo to escape NATO bombing, he is
silent on the matter.  I think it is very likely that once the smoke clears
we will find many many thousands of murdered ethnic Albanians, just as we
did in Bosnia.  Indeed, this whole list seems oddly silent on this issue. It
is hard for those of us who have spend our intellectual careers in
opposition to US economic and military domination of the world to condone
the human and economic cost of the bombing, but can we really stand by and
let the Serbian thugs in Kosovo have their way?

Randall Stokes
Department of Sociology
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
   Tel:  413-545-4060