< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Supporting the Good Guys

by Pat Loy

07 April 1999 13:48 UTC

List,

Judging from the reports from sources such as Radio B92 in Belgrade, it
appears to me that the internal opposition to Milosevic's regime,
specifically the pro-democracy and peace movements in Serbia and the
surrounding states, are united in their opposition to the NATO attacks. If
this is true it is highly significant, for these are the folks who are
putting themselves on the line in the "belly of the monster," risking
harassment, prison, and even death to bring about positive change. And it
would certainly call into question the stance of Western "progressive"
groups and individuals who support the NATO war and, in so doing, are
turning their backs on these internal opposition groups.

But I realize that my sources are limited. Does anyone know of a
progressive group in the Balkans that favors the NATO attacks? Is there any
kind of debate going on there over this?

Thanks,
-Pat Loy