< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Racak massacre; William Walker

by Ian Robert Douglas

29 March 1999 19:05 UTC

--- from Louis Proyect's forwarded report on Racak:
>What really happened? During the night, could the UCK have gathered the
>bodies, in fact killed by Serb bullets, to set up a scene of cold-blooded
>massacre?

Dear Louis,
   my information--for what it's worth--from friends I know who have been
in Kosovo for many months is that Racak was not a setup in the way
currently being bandied around; that is, as a secret Albanian plot to draw
NATO into the conflict.  It is public record that the Serb regime has
admitted killing these people.  They claim that they killed 'terrorists' in
battle.  In fact these people were executed.  Point-blank, guns to the
head.  The autopsies/techincal investigations done by the Finnish team
shows no trace of them having fired guns.  Instead it shows these people
were killed while lying down, or some on their knees.  The writer of the
report which you forwarded I think is wise to be aware of the possibility
of the falsification of atrocities.  Bodies--at least this is what i
hear--are routinely moved, evidence erased, following engagements.  There
is a terrible risk--or there has been, for with NATO strikes I'm not sure
if any are left there to do their work--for the people who are trying to
verify genocide.  I cannot give details for the sake of the safety of the
individuals involved, but I've heard personally of several massacres whose
truth is incontrovertible.

sincerely,
Ian R. Douglas  |  Watson Institute for International Studies
Brown University, Box 1831, Providence, RI  02912  USA

tel: 401 863-2420     fax: 401 863-2192

"Great is Justice;
Justice is not settled by legislation and laws
     it is in the soul .. " - Walt Whitman

http://www.powerfoundation.org