< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Rapa-Nui

by Georgi M. Derluguian

04 January 1999 16:51 UTC

Dear learned colleagues,
A while ago I came across a rare example of decent historical movie (a
movie indeed, produced by Kevin Costner) which is called simply Rapa-Nui.
It spectacularly dramatizes the recent theory on the demise of the Easter
Island mini-world-system, which makes the film appropriate for an
undergraduate class.
The special articles (a few) that I know of, however, are quite technical
and difficult for poor freshmen. Please, suggest what could be better
assigned (aside the relevant pages from the book of Chase-Dunn and Hall
which has been already ordered for the Intro class). For inbstance, did
Elena Yermolayeva publish anything on the Hawaii instance?
Yours,
Georgi Derluguian

Georgi M. Derluguian
Assistant Professor