< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Queries regarding literature

by DR DJ VENTER, SOSIOLOGIE, TEL 887-2793

02 January 1999 10:40 UTC

Dear Colleagues -

I am looking for  literature on the following three subjects:

a.  literature,  including bibliographies, with references to South
Africa's place or role in the world system, or on the way that
the country  is affected by globalization processes.  I have come
across articles by R Milkman, J Graaf, J Coetzee, and B Turok
on this issue,  but have a list of only about 7 others;

b. the structure and functioning of  the Roman empire as a world
system durng the period 8 BC and 200 AD, with some attention to
the urban centres of the time;

c. methodologies for studying world culture; alternatively, aspects
of  culture within the world-system.

Thanks in advance
Dawid Venter