(Fwd) Millennium Institute News, April 1998

Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:13:10 +0000
Nikolai S. Rozov (rozov@nsu.ru)

this info maybe of interest because this futurologist project rather
seriously deals with history (unlike majority of other global projects of
this kind)and even has a special subproject 'Lessons of History'

nikolai

From: Philip Bogdonoff <pbogdonoff@igc.apc.org>
Subject: Millennium Institute News, April 1998
To: MILLEN-L@AMERICAN.EDU

Hello friends,

Below is the table of contents for the Millennium Institute's
latest newsletter. The full text can be found on our Web site at

www.igc.org/millennium/news

You can also subscribe to an e-mail edition (instructions
below). I hope you'll be interested to read it.

Highlights in this newsletter include a description of the
Millennium Gifts Project, which we launched in December with a
few of our key partners. We welcome and invite others to join
with us in this Project. Imagine, as our Trustee Daniel
Gomez-Ibanez says, using the turn of the Millennium to foster
a "culture of giving, instead of a culture of taking" on planet
Earth. That's in part what is possible through the Millennium
Gifts Project. See the expanded Millennium Gifts section of
our Web site for more information and examples of gifts already
given:

http://www.igc.apc.org/millennium/gifts/

This newsletter also reports on the two-day working meeting,
culminating nearly a year of preparation, of the Strategy and
Action Project for Chinese and Global Food Security. The
purpose of this Project is to identify what needs to be done to
narrow the range of projections of how much grain China may
need to import in the coming years: Some say only a modest
amount; others say enough to disturb the world food market.

Don't forget to visit the Year 2000 and Millennium Events
section of our Web site. It's chock-full of descriptions and
links to plans being made around the world in anticipation of
the new millennium. At last count nearly 40 countries have one
or more points of contact for plans. See

http://www.igc.apc.org/millennium/events/

Towards sustainability,

Philip Bogdonoff
Vice President

M i l l e n n i u M I n s t i t u t e

News for Friends -- April 1998
Edited by Jean Harrison

The Mission of the Millennium Institute is to help create
the conditions for the peoples of the world to achieve a
sustainable future for Earth and to use the energy of the
year 2000 to begin building a diverse alliance committed
to this task.

Contents

* The Millennium Institute's Plans
* State of Our World Indicators
* Millennial Activities
Millennium Report to the World
Millennial Events Planning
Millennium Gifts for a Sustainable Future
* The Strategy and Action Project for Chinese
and Global Food Security
* THRESHOLD 21 Update
A Brief Description of THRESHOLD 21
Malawi "2020 Vision" Project
Reports for Italy
1. Sustainable Development for Italy: An Integrated
Model-Based Report
2. Applying the THRESHOLD 21 Model to Urban and
Regional Areas
* Millennium Institute Staff and Interns
* For More Information: Millennium News On-Line

For More Information

Contact the Millennium Institute at:
1117 North 19th Street, Suite 900
Arlington, VA 22209-1708 USA
Telephone: +1 703 841-0048
Fax: +1 703 841-0050
E-mail: millennium@igc.apc.org.
WWW: http://www.igc.apc.org/millennium

To subscribe to the e-mail version of future issues of this
newsletter, send an e-mail message to pbogdonoff@igc.apc.org with
the phrase "subscribe MI news" in the subject field.