CPSR guilty of censorship, high-handed behavior, lies, and cover-up

Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:41:21 GMT
Richard K. Moore (rkmoore@iol.ie)

Duff Axsom
Executive Director
Computer Professionals for
Social Responsibility
P.O. Box 717
Palo Alto, CA 94302
Phone: (650) 322-3778
Fax: (650) 322-4748
Email: cpsr@cpsr.org
Duff Axsom <duff@cpsr.org>
Susan Envoy <evoy@cpsr.org>
Al Whaley <al@itn.net>

Dear Mr. Director,

This episode has now escalated beyond the category of "dispute between
moderator and service provider" and it is definitey not a question of
"misunderstanding". CPSR is practicing censorhip, highandedness, and
putlic decipt and it should be ashamed of itself.

You closed down the cyberjournal list (which had over 1,000 HIGHLY
appreciative subscribers) without notifying me or consulting me. There
were NEVER any complaints or concerns expressed by ANYONE from CPSR about
the list. In fact Susan Envoy of CPSR sent me this message only last week