Re: URGENT:INVOKE HAGUE ARTICLE 8 AGAINST US&IRAQ (fwd)

Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:58:28 -0500 (EST)
Gunder Frank (agfrank@chass.utoronto.ca)

Yes BUT
[as quoted in New York Sunday Times Feb 22, 1998, sect WK, p. 17, upper
right hand corner]

"We are talking about using military force, but we are not talking about
war. That is an important distinction"

"If we have to use force, it is because we are America. We are the
indispensable nation. We stand tall. We see further into the future."

both are direct quotes from

US SECRETARY OF STATE Madelein Albright

submitted for the record

gunder frank