[Fwd: Funding opportunity for EU social scientists]

Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:20:24 -0500
christopher chase-dunn (chriscd@jhu.edu)

--Boundary_(ID_3zHzAt+iKwTjM9ALvFEO7Q)

--Boundary_(ID_3zHzAt+iKwTjM9ALvFEO7Q)

Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:19:58 +0100
From: Patrizia Fregosi <fregosi@datacomm.iue.it>
Subject: Funding opportunity for EU social scientists
To: "michael-lovaglia@uiowa.edu" <michael-lovaglia@uiowa.edu>,
"associations@uta.fi" <associations@uta.fi>, "ytsiha@uta.fi" <ytsiha@uta.fi>,
"ytklso@uta.fi" <ytklso@uta.fi>, "yttiuu@uta.fi" <yttiuu@uta.fi>,
"duh-verkauf@t-online.de" <duh-verkauf@t-online.de>,
"bice@club-internet.fr" <bice@club-internet.fr>,
"rettkind@magnet.at" <rettkind@magnet.at>,
"b.bell@scfuk.org.uk" <b.bell@scfuk.org.uk>,
"simonnat@indigo.ie" <simonnat@indigo.ie>,
"isobelle.jaques@coe.fr" <isobelle.jaques@coe.fr>,
"brigitte.napiwocka@coe.fr" <brigitte.napiwocka@coe.fr>,
"platform@dproducts.be" <platform@dproducts.be>,
"joyce@siswo.uva.nl" <joyce@siswo.uva.nl>,
"laurent@siswo.uva.nl" <laurent@siswo.uva.nl>,
"sociology@soc.surrey.ac.uk" <sociology@soc.surrey.ac.uk>,
"Nigel.Gilbert@soc.surrey.ac.uk" <Nigel.Gilbert@soc.surrey.ac.uk>,
"socres@soc.surrey.ac.uk" <socres@soc.surrey.ac.uk>,
"Lauri.Saarinen@hkkk.fi" <Lauri.Saarinen@hkkk.fi>,
"webmaster@gold.ac.uk" <webmaster@gold.ac.uk>,
"contact@indexoncensorship.org" <contact@indexoncensorship.org>,
"frank@indexoncensorship.org" <frank@indexoncensorship.org>,
"RAINER.HEGSELMANN@UNI-BAYREUTH.DE" <RAINER.HEGSELMANN@UNI-BAYREUTH.DE>,
"SCS1EC@SOC.SURREY.AC.UK" <SCS1EC@soc.surrey.ac.uk>,
"ROSARIA@PSCS2.IRMKANT.RM.CNR.IT" <ROSARIA@PSCS2.IRMKANT.RM.CNR.IT>,
"DORAJ@ESSEX.AC.UK" <DORAJ@ESSEX.AC.UK>,
"suleiman@psy.haifa.ac.il" <suleiman@psy.haifa.ac.il>,
"KGT@INFORMATIK.UNI-KOBLENZ.DE" <KGT@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>,
"judith@turner.net" <judith@turner.net>,
"jep-info@umich.edu" <jep-info@umich.edu>,
"chriscd@jhu.edu" <chriscd@jhu.edu>,
"esitetilaus@keva.fi" <esitetilaus@keva.fi>,
"lomaketilaus@keva.fi" <lomaketilaus@keva.fi>,
"equality@labour.ministry.se" <equality@labour.ministry.se>,
"ERCOMERsecr@fss.uu.nl" <ERCOMERsecr@fss.uu.nl>,
"publisher@advancingwomen.com" <publisher@advancingwomen.com>,
"edu_bid@shsu.edu" <edu_bid@shsu.edu>,
"herb@mlsowi.sowi.uni-mannheim.de" <herb@mlsowi.sowi.uni-mannheim.de>,
"eurotutkimus@tekes.fi" <eurotutkimus@tekes.fi>,
"assi.liikanen@stakes.fi" <assi.liikanen@stakes.fi>,
"Listproc@Bonn.iz-soz.de" <Listproc@Bonn.iz-soz.de>,
"pmc@jefferson.village.virginia.edu" <pmc@jefferson.village.virginia.edu>,
"ucurrent@darkwing.uoregon.edu" <ucurrent@darkwing.uoregon.edu>,
"creator@gold.ac.uk" <creator@gold.ac.uk>

--Boundary_(ID_RjHK/65jYzrkhAymBlWrGg)

Dear sir or madam,

I think that the announcement below could be of interest to many of your

members/colleagues/researchers and I would be very grateful if you could

circulate it to them. More information about the EUSSIRF program is
available
from our web-pages (see below) and if you need any further
clarification, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Many thanks for your kind co-operation in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Kennealy
EUSSIRF project manager (Florence)

Announcement:

Funds Available for Short-Term Research Visits

The European Union Social Science Information Research Facility -
EUSSIRF - is a Large-Scale Facility for Social Scientists, located in
London and Florence, funded by the Training and Mobility of Researchers
Programme of the European Commission

The British Library of Political and Economics Science (LSE, London) and

the Library of the European University Institute (EUI, Florence) are the

two centres of a new initiative in European social science research.
EUSSIRF provides the opportunity for European Union researchers in the
social sciences to gain access to the collections, resources and
services of its constituent libraries. Short-term research visits to
either centre,
lasting usually one month, will benefit from:

- a substantial financial contribution toward travel and living
expenses

- help with finding local accomodation

- expert assistance in exploiting the centre’s collections and
resources

- training in new research technologies

- the opportunity to integrate into the wider academic life of each
centre

The next deadline for applications is 31st December 1998 and another
round will take place in 1999.

For further information about eligibility, assistance and resources
available:

Contact EUSSIRF - London

EUSSIRF
attn. Graham Camfield
BLPES
10 Portugal St
London WC2A 2HD
United Kingdom

or consult the web-pages at:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/blpes/eussirf

or mailto:g.camfield@lse.ac.uk

or fax : + 44 171 955 7942

Contact EUSSIRF - Florence

EUSSIRF
attn. Peter Kennealy
European University Institute
Badia Fiesolana
San Domenico di Fiesole
50016 Firenze,
Italy

or consult the web-pages at :
http://www.iue.it/LIB/eussirf/eussirf.html

or mailto:kennealy@datacomm.iue.it

or fax + 39 055 4685 283

EUSSIRF - ACCESS TO EUROPEAN SOCIAL SCIENCE

[...]

EUSSIRF - ACCESS TO EUROPEAN SOCIAL SCIENCE --Boundary_(ID_RjHK/65jYzrkhAymBlWrGg)-- --Boundary_(ID_3zHzAt+iKwTjM9ALvFEO7Q)--