Re: It's Genetic (was Re: EVOLUTIONARY SCIENCE)

Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:21:32 +0000
Judge (bernardo@gte.net)

Jay Hanson wrote:

> From: Mark Jones <Jones_M@netcomuk.co.uk>
>
> >But being a boy IS in the genes: the X and Y chromosones, to be precise.
> >The problem with this way of arguing with Jay Hanson is that you throw
> >the baby out with the bathwater. There is a huge amount of research
>
> You guys can't hear my points because you can't get past the social
> minutiae.
> For example, would any of you argue that "breathing" is not genetic?
>
> Jay

No, breathing definitely is not. The child must be "slapped" to producecrying
which results in rapid inhalations that last for life. There is a
disorder where people forget to breathe (forgot the name) and humans
can train themselves to slow their breathing to a cataleptic state. Something

similar happens to persons drowning in cold water. They can be revived
after half an hour with no brain damage. So this is a phenomenon that
entails gas (CO2) balance in the blood and how the brain sensor
perceives it, temperature, homeostasis, and on and on. Stuff that
we know nothing about perhaps. To claim it is based on the genes is
like saying the sun is bright. True, but useless as an explanation.
Try again.

Regards;

Judge

"If it has gears it must be a watch..."