RIVETS FOR SEX

Tue, 21 Jul 1998 06:41:43 -1000
Jay Hanson (j@qmail.com)

From: John Stevens <stormrhymer@hotmail.com>

>Just out of curiosity, Jay, do *you* have anything approaching a
>workable or enlightening solution, or are you just a crank?

Sorry to rain on your parade John. I was just wondering if the Marxists
actually had any solutions or if they just want more sex?

RIVETS FOR SEX
by Jay Hanson

Once upon a time there was a spaceship in which "rivets" were used for
currency. Why rivets? Because on this particular spaceship, one could
trade rivets for sex!

SPACESHIP POLITICS
Those individuals who were best at pulling rivets out of the spaceship
hull -- the "Pullocrats" -- had the most political power because they
controlled the most sex. As might be expected, "pulling rivets" became the
most-talked-about and most-envied measure of personal worth.

GOD REVEALED IN EACH TRANSACTION
Unsure of their moral justification, the Pullocrats employed "Pulling
Priests" (or "PPs") to search Holy Scripture for the truth. A careful
re-read of the Scripture by the PPs discovered that "pulling rivets"
maximizes "utility". Although no one has ever seen or measured "utility",
the PPs say that God reveals his preferences in each transaction thereby
proving that "utility" is maximized.

So with the circular blessing of the PPs, the doctrine of continuous and
unlimited "rivet pulling" became the organizing principle of the entire
spaceship. Indeed, nothing else mattered to anyone.

A TINY BIT OF A PROBLEM
In the real world of a spaceship, a tiny bit of air leaks out after each
rivet is pulled out of the hull. And while the air supply system was
designed to stay ahead of normal leakage, so many rivets have been yanked
out of the hull, that at the present rate, the ship's atmosphere will be
unable to support life in 12 hours.

A rescue ship is on the way, but it will take 24 hours to reach the ship.
The Pullocrats must:

#1. Organize to ignore their PPs, stop pulling rivets out of the hull, and
start pounding them back in,
OR
#2. They will die.

It's FREE! Send SUBSCRIBE BRAIN FOOD to j@qmail.com