[Fwd: Luce Professorship]

Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:43:07 -0500
christopher chase-dunn (chriscd@jhu.edu)

29 Oct 1997 15:55:47 -0400 (EDT)
<wsn@csf.colorado.edu>; Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:49:50 -0700 (MST)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:41:57 -0800
From: Sunil Kukreja <kukreja@ups.edu>
Subject: Luce Professorship
Sender: owner-wsn@csf.colorado.edu
To: WORLD SYSTEMS NETWORK <wsn@csf.colorado.edu>

The following announcement is for a faculty position in the Political
Economy of Southeast Asia at The University of Puget Sound. I would
appreciate your assistance in posting it on WSN.

Thanks.

Sunil Kukreja
Assoc. Prof.
------------------------------------

LUCE PROFESSOR OF THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF SOUTHEAST ASIA

The University of Puget Sound invites applications for the position of
Luce Professor of the Political Economy of Southeast Asia. We seek an
outstanding teacher-scholar with a deep interest in and
commitment to interdisciplinary study and the liberal arts who can,
through interdisciplinary teaching and research, advance our understanding
of the economic, political, social, cultural, and environmental changes
taking place in Southeast Asia and their impacts on and relationship to
regional, international, and global affairs. We are especially
interested in strengthening our students' abilities to examine the impact of
rapid economic growth and technological change in Southeast Asia on the
political, social, and cultural institutions and processes of this region.

The Luce Professor will be expected to contribute to the curricula of
the designated department, the Political Economy Program, and the Asian
Studies Program as well as the University's Core Curriculum. Teaching load
is three courses per semester. Other duties include advising students and
participation in projects serving our institutional mission.

This tenure-track appointment will be made at the assistant or associate
professor level in an appropriate social science department (Comparative
Sociology, Economics, Politics and Government) and in the Political Economy
Program. A doctoral degree in a related field, and a commitment to liberal
arts education required. Candidates should possess language facility
sufficient to conduct research in Southeast Asia.

The official job listing is posted at
http://www.ups.edu/ipe/luceprof.html