Global Problems Text--request for feedback

Fri, 17 Oct 1997 13:53:45 -0600, MDT
J B Owens (OWENJACK@FS.isu.edu)

FYI. Jack Owens

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:57:11 -0400
From: Patrick Manning <manning@neu.edu>
Subject: Global Problems Text--request for feedback

From: Richard H. Robbins, SUNY at Plattsburgh
<Robbinrh@splava.cc.plattsburgh.edu>

I've just finished a book for Allyn & Bacon, Publishers
tentatively entitled Global Problems and the Culture of
Capitalism. The book will be part of their anthropology
offerings and is directed primarily to upper-level courses,
although I think it may get some use in introductory-level
courses as well. Since the book draws generously from
world-systems approaches, as well as history and economics
in general, I would appreciate knowing whether or not it
might be of interest to historians who teach world history, or
sociologists who deal with global issues. The table of
contents along with the introduction to each chapter is
available on my web site at

http://www.plattsburgh.edu/legacy/global.htm

If for some reason that doesn't work you can reach it at

http://www.plattsburgh.edu/legacy/

At that point you need to just select Global Problems and the
Culture of Capitalism. Any feedback will be appreciated. The
book is due out for the Fall of 1998.

The web site also has some additional material, particularly a
selected internet resource page, that may be of some use for
classroom use. The Capitalist Legacy site contains material
that I used last year for a course we did on the internet.