Re: Moore, Barendse, and a disheartening scenario

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:38:50 -0700 (PDT)
Dennis R Redmond (dredmond@gladstone.uoregon.edu)

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, DR. PHUA KAI LIT wrote:

> P.S. Goh Keng Swee (principal architect of Singapore's
> economic success) is an economic adviser to the
> Chinese regime. Goh has a PhD in economics from
> LSE.

Score one for the Asiastate. Maybe Mahathir is onto something after all
with his notion of an Asian currency bloc. Any thoughts on how an emerging
East Asian "keiretsu politics" might work in practice? I presume Singapore
and Hong Kong would be the high-tech service-sector, cultural and
ideological metropoles for industrialization further inland, or is this
already happening?

-- Dennis