Re: comrades!

Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:13:44 -0700 (PDT)
Dennis R Redmond (dredmond@gladstone.uoregon.edu)

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, s_sanderson wrote:

> After the massive events of 1989 in Eastern Europe and 1991 in the Soviet
> Union, I find it simply mind-boggling that any sane person would address
> anyone with the term "comrades."

And after the Long Depression of 1990-1997, 20% unemployment in
Eastern Europe, the biggest bank bailout of recorded history in Japan,
the collapse of the US from the biggest creditor to the
biggest debtor on the planet, environmental catastrophe and
vicious wage-cutting and sado-monetarism pretty much everywhere, I find it
simply mind-boggling that any sane person would not use "comrade" in an
effort to show solidarity in the face of a globalized gangster capitalism
which makes Stalin look like a choir boy.

-- Dennis