thanks to PEWS again AND to Alice in Wonderland...

Mon, 18 Aug 1997 08:56:48 -0400 (EDT)
Gunder Frank (agfrank@chass.utoronto.ca)

..... who, I was told, said that words mean what I want them to mean.
Obviously of course, I - agf- replied, or I would not use those words
but I would use others instead that DO mean what I mean.

Notwithstanding all this, two friends have denied the 'obvious meaning' in
telling me that my note of heartfelt THANX to PEWS was somehow negative and/or
divisive, if only because I 'accuse' everybody as an 'enemy'.

NOT so, I reply and explain. I mean [like in that old movie of which i
remember only the title] FRIENDly 'enemies' , or perhaps more precisely
'disputants' but nonetheless and above all FRIENDS, as which Terry I
introduced me in the first place, for which I was and remain most
gratefull.

enough said? - in words that mean what i mean to say!

as ever
gunder