Re: Asia/World

Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:19:14 -0900 (AKST)
MILLS ROBIN O (ftrom@aurora.alaska.edu)

I have been following this thread with piqued curiosity; my amateur
understanding of the "global world economy" and its development was that
it was Euro-driven and Euro-centered. I am a historical archaeologist
working on finishing my dissertation on the expansion of an extractive
mining economy into Alaska in the latter 19th century, and have been
using, "peripherally" (pun intended), ideas and models from world systems
theory.

I would be interested in references to the ideas being discussed in the
thread below, so that I might look into the readings myself.

Thank you,

Robin Mills
University of Alaska Fairbanks
Anthropology Dept.