Re: Eurocentrism: pro e contra

Mon, 4 Nov 1996 10:14:48 -0500 (EST)
ba05105@binghamton.edu

Re: Nikolai's message below-- I know I'm missing something, but it seems
there are a few lessons of other civilizations the west failed to learn,
regarding interacting peaceably with other cultures and the non-human
world, preserving that which is worthwhile from the past, prioritizing
livelihood over economic 'growth'... By the way,
what may be the single most important cultural technology--movable type
printing--was 'invented' in Europe only after they were aware that the
Chinese had devised a machine to do something similar ('invented',
therefore, in the same sense that the USSR 'invented' the atom bomb).

Steven Sherman
Binghamton University