Re: liberal, capitalist, particularist government

Thu, 15 Aug 1996 22:10:49 +0100 (BST)
Richard K. Moore (rkmoore@iol.ie)

8/15/96, Salvatore Babones wrote:
>I emphasize: while I am FOR capitalism, I am also FOR active government
>(I don't propose a return to the 1840s), and I am certainly AGAINST
>a corporate-controlled economy overseen by a corporate-controlled
>government.

Thanks for the clarification. I'd like to see capitalists made
responsible for their actions too.

>By a liberal government I mean a government that GOVERNS ...but does not
>ADMINISTER any more than is necessary... This is liberalism in Mises'
>sense, and also Polanyi's (Polanyi called Mises "the consistent liberal")

I can see the appeal of this to capitalists -- but I'd prefer a
mixed economy myself -- i.e. most of the recent UK privatizations are
counter-progressive. imho.

Regards,
rkm