re: the case for leaving 'anti-systemic' movements undefined

Wed, 22 May 1996 13:31 -0700 (PDT)
Harutiun Kassakhian (hk1@axe.humboldt.edu)

I guess I'm getting sucked into another one. . .
first of all when you speak of "liberal" groups as being anti-systemic,
do we mean the anti-systemic movements of FDR, Lord Keynes, the British
labor party,the liberalism of European Social-Democratic parties? (that's
sarcasm.)
If it's pro-enhancing the capital accumulatory process, it's pro-system.
If it's says "ouch! the accumulatory process is hurting me stop it or
slow down," it's anti-systemic. Coal miner's strikes, Kenyans refusing to
pay "Hut Taxes" to British Empire, Brazilian Indians oppose clear-cutting
of their forests are all example of groups opposing the accumulatory
process. The Zapatistas are anti-systemic, the Assembly of
God isn't. Wallerstein has stated that Jihad is anti-systemic. I guess
there's that book I haven't read, McDonalds v. Jihad about local
opposition to the global economy.
Anyhow, I am continually puzzled by your interest in WST.
Are there any writers on WST that you feel coincide with your own view-point?