Kondratieff Cycles (fwd)

Sun, 03 Mar 1996 19:57:13 -0500
Christoph Chase-Dunn (chriscd@jhu.edu)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 07:38:39 -0500
From: T R. Young <34LPF6T@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU>
To: PROGRESSIVE SOCIOLOGISTS NETWORK <psn@csf.colorado.edu>
Subject: Kondratieff Cycles

I would like to do a special issue of FROM THE LEFT on Kondratieff
curves...I need two or three special editors for the issue:

1. One editor for a review of current lit on kondratieff cycles.

2. One editor for a brief historial review of Kondratieff and his
work.

3. One to look at the work of Brian Berry at UTexas-Arlington and
his work on the non-linearity of Kondratieff, Kutznet and the
2-5 year mini-cycles on which he focusses.

4. Time: I would like to have these ready for the Spring Issue.
Sometime in May/June if at all possible.

There is a lot of evidence for K cycles...and a lot of controversy.
If we are on the down side of a K cycle now, it would help give a
structural account of current threads of racism, nationalism, and
fragmentation in American politics...as well as in racism, family
violence and the many underground structures forming, changing,
and fading in American society today.

Do let me know who might be willing to take on one of the three
special assignments for the newsletter.

Page 4 of the Winter Issue on the Social Sources of Postmodernity
will be on-line in the middle of next week.
TRYoung

T.R.YOUNG@CMICH.EDU