Re: The War in Iraq Early Warnings
by KenRichard2002

       Well,  at least they were dumb enough to put it in writing.  It kind of makes it impossible for them to call Osama bin Laden a liar when he declares that the US is an foreign occupier of Arab lands in the pursuit of Arabian oil and the control thereof.

       It kind of reminds me of the fact that the government announced,  while making preparations for war against Iraq,  that we would build a democracy that would be the envy of the Middle East and an example for all Arab peoples to aspire to.  After the war the message seems to have hardened to something along the lines let this war serve as an example to anyone who dares to mess with the US.

       Similarly,  while a promise was made to rebuild Iraq in exchange for the suffering and destruction we were about to unleash on that nation and her people,  after the conclusion of major military engagements the rhetoric shifted along the lines of why should we pay to rebuild their country,  hell we liberated them from a dictator they should be thanking us and besides we don't have enough money to rebuild our own schools, highways, etc., etc., ad nauseum....

K. Richard