Re: NYTimes.com Article: Letter From Asia: China Is Romping With
by 50168529
16 December 2003 01:17 UTC

Dear Sirs,
To say that China has taken a great leap forward from feudalism to modernity
in 50 years is fairy tale.  To suggest that China could become the next Core,
ever, is Alice singing in Wonderland.  To feed 1.3 billion people is
achievable only because most do not know French fries from crumps.  To be able
to work on half of mankind so that they all have a big Mac is more than just
rocket science.
China might have gone through the rude awakening that Napoleon feared; but
China, with some 60% of its production controlled by American and other
multi-nationals, will not be able to provide everyone in China the luxury of a
big Mac anytime soon, let alone another quarter of mankind.
Cao Gengsheng